Equity transactions on the Nigerian Stock Exchange resumed for the week on Monday on a negative note as the market capitalisation depreciated by N28bn or 0.30 per cent.
The situation followed price losses recorded by some major stocks.
The market capitalisation closed lower at N9.399tn, down from the N9.427tn recorded on Friday.
Also, the All-Share Index, which opened at 27,450.91, dropped by 82.5 points to close at 27,368.41.
The Nigerian Breweries led the losers’ chart with N1.7 to close at N138.27 per share, while the GT Bank followed, depreciating by 34 kobo to close at N25.95.
NAHCO lost 17 kobo to close at N3.23 and NASCON and Africa Prudential Registrars dipped by one kobo each to close at N7.9 and N2.65 per share respectively.
On the other hand, 7UP led the gainers’ chart with N3.98 to close at N116.98 per share, while Champion gained nine kobo to close at N2.7.
Also the NPF Microfinance Bank, Dangote Flour Mills and Honeywell Flour Mills grew by four kobo each to close at 99 kobo, N3.9 and N1.4 per share, respectively.
The Financial Service Sector remained the delight of investors as FBN Holdings emerged as the most traded stock, accounting for 11.66 million shares worth N34.95m.
The FCMB followed with an exchange of 8.83 million shares valued at N9.31m, while Zenith Bank sold 7.84 million shares worth N119.96m.
Diamond Bank traded 7.62 million shares valued at N8.19m, while UBA transacted 7.19 million shares worth N31.97m.
In all, the volume of shares traded declined by 70.01 per cent as investors exchanged 83.83 million shares worth N711.12m in 2,279 deals.
This was against the 279.56 million shares valued at N3.70bn traded in 3,255 deals on Friday.
More from my site
- Capital market investors lose N873bn in 12 months
- Naira falls in all market segments
- Stock market turnover drops to N10.3bn
- Good turned bad Ex-policeman arrested for burglary in Ogun
- Naira reverses loss after dropping to 500/dollar
- $2.3bn NNPC funds: CBN bars 9 banks from forex market
- Naira plummets to all-time low of 472/dollar
- FG, BOI To Disburse N140bn To Petty Traders, Artisans Nationwide
- Buhari’s health: President should address Nigerians says NLC
- Niger Delta Avengers NNPC loses over N26bn in June, blames militants
- To find the worth memes, a group of Redditors creates fake stock market
- NNPC Names 39 Crude Oil Off-Takers For 2017/2018
- Naira depreciates against dollar
- Street trading, social justice and morality
- Tinubu, Dantata, Cole, Ogah, others clinch Nigeria’s 1.3mbd oil lifting deal
- Fuel Scarcity Crisis looms as NNPC stops pumping petrol to depots, marketers groan
- T-Pain present in Lagos and ready for Heineken Party on October 29
- NB declares N7.93bn as interim dividend for Q3 2016
- DAVIDO CAUGHT TAKING WEED IN HIS STUDIO
- Skolombo Boys terrorise Cross River
- Naira to plunge further on high dollar demand
- Senate kicks against N309bn electricity bond
- Ayo Makun talks on Film Collaboration In Nollywood
- Naira exchanges for N490 per dollar at parallel market
- Street Hawking CDHR urges Ambode to enforce law with human face
- Remote Control Furore as 78-yr-old man slits his throat in Kano
- Check out Lai Mohammed versus Funmi Iyanda debate on how to fix Nigeria
- Home Grown Solutions to African Economic Challenges, Buhari Task African Central Banks Governors
- Customs detains vessel with no Bank Bond
- Nigeria will remain in recession till 2020 – Agbakoba
- SHEYI SHAY NOW NSE AMBASSADOR
- UBA sponsors Ebola Movie: ‘93 Days’
- Eid-el-Kabir: Ram sellers lament low patronage in Kaduna
- Oil prices rebound from sharp losses
- Huawei, Access Bank partners with PSHN to tackle malaria
- Rapper Meek Mill and Nigerian Actor kanayo o kanayo Resemblance
- Nigeria needs $142m to tackle global warming
- NNPC Management assures Nigerians of adequate petroleum products
- Cassava bread, still a mirage after 34 years
- Senate Passes mtef/fsp after three months of submission
- Nigeria may not move out of recession in 2017 – MAN
- Naira tumbles to 402 on dollar scarcity
- President Buhari’s Daughter Fatima Buhari Weds Former chief executive of federal mortgage bank
- know more about Zahra billionaire $99m bank balance future husband
- Angola Overtakes Nigeria As Africa’s Top Oil Producer After Pipeline Attacks
- Shehu Sani Attacks on El-Rufai over his indefinite suspension
- Honest Man UBA security guard returns $10,000 to bank
- CBN To Doll Out $50,000 To Bureau De Change Operators Weekly
- Ending extreme poverty in Africa
- RIP to Nigeria’s Former Minister of Commerce and Industry, Bola Kuforiji-Olubi
- Tomato Paste Manufacturers Tackle CBN Over FX Policy
- Know more about this Accountant that faked His own kidnap and stole company’s $50,000
- Get 3Thrones Concert 5% off Tickets show which is today
- Check out the full text of President Obama’s farewell address
- Obafemi Martins Gives out crutches to the Disabled in Nigeria
- Amaechi accuses Customs of frustrating port operations
- Tinubu Criticizes Buhari’s Economic Policies, Says I Won’t Ignore The Truth
- Amaechi Minister says FG is committed to safeguarding marine environment
- Osinbajo Arrives Abia, Flags Off Maiden Edition Of SMEs Clinic In Aba
- FG, firm sign 550MW power purchase agreement
- Has America elected their own Buhari?
- British Diplomat was Forced To Speak in Pidgin As He Loses iPhone in Nigeria
- Fayose Governor denies spending N22M on court cases
- Free Slimtea Deal Made possible by Nigerian Ambassador
- Any Hard Working Woman should Starts Her Day By Doing this
- FERMA begins rehabilitation of Third Mainland Bridge
- Rumoured Death: NLC Denies Calling On Buhari To Address the Nation
- Photos: Young man killed in an accident at Oil Mill, Port Harcour
- APC inaugurates caretaker officers in Gombe
- Osinbajo seeks private sector’s support to revamp economy