Troops of 1 Division, Nigerian Army, have killed two bandits in the Kaduna and Zamfara axis and arrested four suspects in connection with cattle rustling and impersonation.
The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, said in a statement on Monday that the bandits were killed during operations by the troops to clear cattle rustlers and bandit camps.
Usman said the troops recovered a revolver and six locally fabricated 9mm rounds of ammunition from one of the dead bandits.
He also said that troops in Zamfara cleared two bandits’ camps, recovered 209 cows, 1, 062 goats and sheep at Dumburum forest general area of Zurmi Local Government Area of the state.
He said the suspects were arrested in Mararabar Jos, Igabi and Kubau Local Government Areas of Kaduna and along the road that linked Kaduna and Katsina States through Birnin Gwari-Funtua.
Usman said two of the suspects had paraded themselves as members of a non-existent vigilante group harassing and extorting money from unsuspecting members of the public.
He gave their names as Hamza Hare and Sani Abdul-Aziz, adding that they posed as liaison officers to security officers to dupe people.
Usman said the other suspect, a “notorious bandit”, had terrorised the public, especially along the road that linked Kaduna and Katsina states through Birnin Gwari-Funtua.
Usman said the suspect, simply known as Mohammed and popularly called “Abedariwa” had confessed to the crime and gave graphic details of his deadly acts.
“He promised to cooperate fully with the military to fish out other criminal elements in the society,’’ the army spokesman said.
More from my site
- Boko Haram
- Police recover 2,151 animals, arms from rustlers
- Police recover 2,151 animals, arms from rustlers
- FG floats surveillance task force to tackle miners’ killings, others
- Navy arrests two cattle rustlers, recovers 295 livestock in Kaduna
- SEE Discoveries Made As Military Clear More Boko Haram Camps
- B-O-K-O H-A-R-A-M: Battle-field account of a military deserter
- Troops kill suspected cattle rustler in Katsina
- END TIME: Gallant Soldiers Finally Enter Sambisa Forest To Flush Out The Boko Haram
- Army chief warns the military against laxity
- Troops repel Boko Haram attack, kill two commanders
- Sani Bello Gov issues 7-day ultimatum for return of illegal arms
- Sambisa Forest Troops kill 15, rescue 41 women, children
- Niger Delta ‘We didn’t molest anyone,’ Army on Bayelsa invasion
- Kayode Fayemi FG summons 37 mine Officers over diversion of explosives
- No Place to Hide Suspected kidnappers arrested by army in Rivers State
- Fayose Discontinues Cow Grazing in His State
- Buhari’s goat gift and other stories
- Insurgents flooding into Kano – Ganduje
- Boko Haram on verge of final defeat — Buratai
- I Will Crush Boko Haram To The Last Man – President Buhari
- Bauchi owes Disco N1.6bn in electricity bills
- Police fault social media claim, say no terrorist nabbed in Abuja
- Boko Haram Has Impregnated 214 Of The Kidnapped Girls
- NSCDC Army trains 93 operatives on arms proficiency
- Govt responsible for Christians’ killings – Osun CAN
- We are feeling your pains, Buhari tells Nigerians
- Chibok Girls release: Ignore Fayose’s criticism, APC tells Buhari
- Security agencies issue kidnap advisory to senior govt officials … warn them against night trips, road travels, others
- Pay Attention To The Hunger And Suffering Ravaging Nigeria-Ayo Fayose
- IDPs decry poor feeding, stage protest
- Chibok girls swap not sign of failure – Army
- Top Kaduna APC Chieftain Kidnapped
- Buhari to cancel Jonathan’s contracts to OPC and Militants
- Photos of the surveillance aircraft used during Sambisa invasion
- I dumped bulletproof cars to dare terrorists – Shettima
- US BASED Specialist Assembles 100 Cabin FOR Dowagers
- NSCDC Agency partners France on training, equipment support
- Fire Power 2 armed robbers shot dead while robbing a Police Inspector
- Alargarno Spiritual Headquarters Of Boko Haram (Photos)
- Buhari making mistake; how can you entrust the President’s life to the military?
- Chibok girls: Disquiet in the military over release of five Boko Haram commanders
- In Ibadan Military doctor loses job over sex with colleague’s wife
- Nigerian Army ‘We need your prayers,’ Army Commander tells Nigerians
- Landmine kills four soldiers in Borno
- Why we took over Jonathan cousin’s firm –Army
- Michelle Obama’s involvement in Nigeria #BringBackOurGirls — Aisha Wakil
- October 1 Tragedy: Boko Haram Kills 11 In Adamawa Villages
- NCC convicts 57 for piracy
- In Benue Commissioner explains deployment of police, soldiers in Kastina-Ala
- Adamawa hospital owes staff 27-month salary
- 2017 Budget ‘ll not be padded, Buhari vows
- Ex-militants beg FG to pay outstanding stipends
- No Kanu, no talk with Buhari, says IPOB
- Amnesty: Cultists surrender arms, ammunition in Rivers
- Patients Flee Away from Kafanchan General Hospital due to Herdsmen
- Eight Dead,Auto Crash in Jigawa
- Oba Goriola Oseni Iba residents call for more security after release of kidnapped monarch
- The environment and the budget (2)
- In Osun Govt. deploys armoured vehicle to community after robbery attack
- Fayose signs bill on grazing prohibition into law
- Gani Adams ‘We’re ready to help fight Avengers,’ OPC leader tells Buhari
- In Kaduna Police intensify efforts to rescue kidnapped Reps member
- Customs impound over 60,000 rounds of ammunition
- SEE WHAT CLARION CHUKWURA WORE IN JOS
- Oluwo denies labelling Adeboye, Oyedepo fake pastors
- Fayose Stop shielding your corrupt men –Governor tells Buhari
- Boko Haram Soldiers clear terrorist camps in Borno
- Dariye’s defection cheering – Plateau PDP
- Robbers kill two IMSU undergraduates