Troops of 1 Division, Nigerian Army, have killed two bandits in the Kaduna and Zamfara axis and arrested four suspects in connection with cattle rustling and impersonation.
The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Col. Sani Usman, said in a statement on Monday that the bandits were killed during operations by the troops to clear cattle rustlers and bandit camps.
Usman said the troops recovered a revolver and six locally fabricated 9mm rounds of ammunition from one of the dead bandits.
He also said that troops in Zamfara cleared two bandits’ camps, recovered 209 cows, 1, 062 goats and sheep at Dumburum forest general area of Zurmi Local Government Area of the state.
He said the suspects were arrested in Mararabar Jos, Igabi and Kubau Local Government Areas of Kaduna and along the road that linked Kaduna and Katsina States through Birnin Gwari-Funtua.
Usman said two of the suspects had paraded themselves as members of a non-existent vigilante group harassing and extorting money from unsuspecting members of the public.
He gave their names as Hamza Hare and Sani Abdul-Aziz, adding that they posed as liaison officers to security officers to dupe people.
Usman said the other suspect, a “notorious bandit”, had terrorised the public, especially along the road that linked Kaduna and Katsina states through Birnin Gwari-Funtua.
Usman said the suspect, simply known as Mohammed and popularly called “Abedariwa” had confessed to the crime and gave graphic details of his deadly acts.
“He promised to cooperate fully with the military to fish out other criminal elements in the society,’’ the army spokesman said.
More from my site
- Who Steals Cows? Gunmen Steal 625 Cows, Promise To Return For Women
- Shekau Is Hiding In A New Location- Buratai
- Boko Haram
- Police recover 2,151 animals, arms from rustlers
- Police recover 2,151 animals, arms from rustlers
- Boko Haram: Adamawa govt deploys 150 hunters
- FG floats surveillance task force to tackle miners’ killings, others
- Navy arrests two cattle rustlers, recovers 295 livestock in Kaduna
- SEE Discoveries Made As Military Clear More Boko Haram Camps
- ‘Shekau hiding in Kala-Balge forest’
- B-O-K-O H-A-R-A-M: Battle-field account of a military deserter
- Troops kill suspected cattle rustler in Katsina
- END TIME: Gallant Soldiers Finally Enter Sambisa Forest To Flush Out The Boko Haram
- Army chief warns the military against laxity
- There Was Nothing Accidental About Borno IDP Settlement Bombing – Survivor
- [BREAKING] Army school commandant found dead inside military formation
- Troops repel Boko Haram attack, kill two commanders
- Sani Bello Gov issues 7-day ultimatum for return of illegal arms
- Sambisa Forest Troops kill 15, rescue 41 women, children
- No Place to Hide Suspected kidnappers arrested by army in Rivers State
- Niger Delta ‘We didn’t molest anyone,’ Army on Bayelsa invasion
- Kayode Fayemi FG summons 37 mine Officers over diversion of explosives
- Fayose Discontinues Cow Grazing in His State
- Buhari’s goat gift and other stories
- Buhari’s New Year Message
- Insurgents flooding into Kano – Ganduje
- Boko Haram on verge of final defeat — Buratai
- I Will Crush Boko Haram To The Last Man – President Buhari
- Boko Haram terrorists on the run – Buhari
- Bauchi owes Disco N1.6bn in electricity bills
- Abuja Airport closure: Why we chose Kaduna as alternative – FG
- Boko Haram Has Impregnated 214 Of The Kidnapped Girls
- Police fault social media claim, say no terrorist nabbed in Abuja
- NSCDC Army trains 93 operatives on arms proficiency
- Sanity Atlast! Pretty Mike Arrested By Police For Using Human Puppy
- Chibok Girls release: Ignore Fayose’s criticism, APC tells Buhari
- Pay Attention To The Hunger And Suffering Ravaging Nigeria-Ayo Fayose
- Govt responsible for Christians’ killings – Osun CAN
- Security agencies issue kidnap advisory to senior govt officials … warn them against night trips, road travels, others
- We are feeling your pains, Buhari tells Nigerians
- Chibok girls swap not sign of failure – Army
- IDPs decry poor feeding, stage protest
- Top Kaduna APC Chieftain Kidnapped
- Buhari to cancel Jonathan’s contracts to OPC and Militants
- Photos of the surveillance aircraft used during Sambisa invasion
- Fire Power 2 armed robbers shot dead while robbing a Police Inspector
- Enugu institutes N60m traders’ empowerment scheme
- I dumped bulletproof cars to dare terrorists – Shettima
- Petrol hoarders in Sokoto will lose C of O, warns Tambuwal
- US BASED Specialist Assembles 100 Cabin FOR Dowagers
- Alargarno Spiritual Headquarters Of Boko Haram (Photos)
- Buhari making mistake; how can you entrust the President’s life to the military?
- NSCDC Agency partners France on training, equipment support
- IDPs bombing: 68 surgeries conducted in 48 hours
- Chibok girls: Disquiet in the military over release of five Boko Haram commanders
- Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain
- Nigerian Army ‘We need your prayers,’ Army Commander tells Nigerians
- Audio: Wike confesses to playing ignoble role in Rivers election rerun
- In Ibadan Military doctor loses job over sex with colleague’s wife
- Michelle Obama’s involvement in Nigeria #BringBackOurGirls — Aisha Wakil
- Why we took over Jonathan cousin’s firm –Army
- Landmine kills four soldiers in Borno
- October 1 Tragedy: Boko Haram Kills 11 In Adamawa Villages
- No Going Back On Protest, With or Without 2face – Activists
- NCC convicts 57 for piracy
- Ex-militants beg FG to pay outstanding stipends
- The environment and the budget (2)
- Fayose signs bill on grazing prohibition into law
- In Osun Govt. deploys armoured vehicle to community after robbery attack
- No Kanu, no talk with Buhari, says IPOB