Military personnel and policemen on Friday prevented an irate mob from setting ablaze a filling station in Onitsha, Anambra, after a security guard shot dead a middle-aged man over N500.
The incident occurred at about 10.00 a.m. at Ona-Jones Oil filling station near the Nkpor flyover on Enugu-Onitsha expressway, Nkpor, near Onitsha.
An eyewitness said that soldiers and policemen arrived the scene and dispersed the mob, while they were mobilising to set the filling station ablaze.
He said, “Trouble started when the victim had a disagreement over N500 balance from a business transaction with an alleged GSM phone repairer near the filling station.
“The security guard interfered in the matter and ordered both of them to kneel down. They obeyed but his hands touched the trigger and the bullet hit the boy and he died instantly”
The eyewitness said that the owner of the filling station alerted the police when passersby gathered tyres to set the filling station ablaze.
“On arrival, the military personnel and policemen cordoned-off the station, dispersed the mob, arrested the security guard and whisked him off to Ogidi Police Division,” the source added.
Another eyewitness said that the policemen took the corpse of the yet to be identified victim to a nearby mortuary.
The Divisional Police Officer in-charge of Ogidi, CSP Hassan Musa, confirmed the incident. He said the security guard has been arrested.
More from my site
- Security agencies issue kidnap advisory to senior govt officials … warn them against night trips, road travels, others
- A must to attend,Abuja Two Security Conferences on December in Lagos & Abuja
- Okorocha To Pay N5m To Anybody That Helps In The Rearrest Of ‘Vampire’
- The Securities at PMAN Election Had no Guns,Ruggedman Stating
- Hackers use streaming devices to make radio stations play ‘FDT’
- BlackBerry Priv on T-Mobile starts getting January security update
- Security Breach at Olamide’s London Concert
- Open Whisper Systems defends Whatsapp against ‘backdoor’ claims
- Police cut governors’ security detail
- Register on Wealth Exchange platform and earn 40% of your PW( Provide Wealth)
- GameStop looks into a potentially serious credit card breach
- This connected vibrator’s camera is disturbingly easy to hack
- Position tracking protects drone herds against hackers
- US law enforcement can’t ask companies to turn over foreign data
- Snowden’s preferred email provider, Lavabit, has been resurrected
- Hack sets off all of Dallas’ emergency sirens
- Photographer captures nature through surveillance webcams
- Gag ransomware forces you to play an anime shooter game
- Hack knocks out a fifth of the Dark Web
- Europe to intend more strict privacy rules for messaging apps
- Mysterious Apple device turns out to be a badge reader
- Google ordered to turn over foreign emails
- Driver on phone crushes security guard to death
- Security guard found dead inside petrol tanker in Delta
- Imo police and insecurity
- Buhari met he met The Economy In Meltdown, Difficult Decisions Were made- Osinbajo Says
- Driver absconds with N7.2m fuel, girlfriend, guarantor remanded
- Trending: We targeted politicians who stole money – Hajia, robbers’..
- Good turned bad Ex-policeman arrested for burglary in Ogun
- Zamfara mob kills 8 over alleged blasphemy
- [BREAKING] Army school commandant found dead inside military formation
- Battling militancy: Niger Delta Avengers and other new groups
- Who should control the police: The President or governors?
- Trailer crushes skater to death in Abakaliki
- BRIBERY: MAN ARRESTED FOR TAKING PICTURES OF A POLICEMAN COLLECTING BRIBE FROM A COMMERCIAL MOTORIST
- 10 Important Items To Have In Your Vehicle
- How To Manage Area Boys Trouble On Movie Set –Kunle Afolayan Advice
- Missing ex-FUTA VC found dead, killed by his driver and security guard
- Police warn Shiites against unlawful procession in Kaduna
- Corporate database leak exposes millions of contact details
- Ensure violence-free polls in Ondo, Rivers – Buhari tells security agencies
- 400 level UNIOSUN student found dead in Iragbiji
- Lagos Fashion Designer was Assassinated By one of His supposed Clients
- NSCDC Army trains 93 operatives on arms proficiency
- Road accident kills two in Ondo, residents protest
- BREAKING: One killed, others injured in Edo tanker explosion
- OMG! A man dies in a Stationary lorry accident
- Vice President Of NURTW, Omotunde Stabbed! View More Latest Ne
- No place for religious violence under my watch –Buhari
- Zamfara mob killing barbaric, says Buhari
- Maldives ex Vice President bags 15 years Jail term for allegedly attempting to kill the president
- Comedian Actor Imeh Bishop Mobbed by Women in the Market
- In Benue Commissioner explains deployment of police, soldiers in Kastina-Ala
- 2017 Budget ‘ll not be padded, Buhari vows
- Buhari’s New Year Message
- Boko Haram used Chibok ransom to buy powerful weapons – Military sources
- Chibok girls: Disquiet in the military over release of five Boko Haram commanders
- Sallah: DHQ urges screening of people at places of worship
- Police Arrests 15 Kidnappers In Kaduna
- Man sets wife, son, daughter ablaze over property
- Army Shoots Dead 4 Female Suicide Bombers Still Wearing Their Bomb Vest (Graphic Photo)
- [Updated] Police kill 10 Shiites in Kano
- We get death threats over Headies —Ayo Animashaun
- 44 Shiite members remanded in Jos prison–Police
- Police arrest mother for allegedly killing child
- Police Allegedly Kills Popular Blogger Chukwuebuka Isidore Adieme in Rivers State
- Lagos policeman in illegal raid lynched over death of okada rider
- See this lady who was Arrested for Stealing Cousin’s Laptop
- A Female Victim was Found Electrocuted at Suleja
- Suspect steals from policewoman during interrogation