The Peoples Democratic Party Chairman in Plateau State, Mr. Damishi Sango, has said the party is happy with the defection of Senator Joshua Dariye to the All Progressives Congress.
The state Deputy Chairman of the party, Mr Amos Gombi, told the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Jos on behalf of Sango, that Plateau PDP was relieved.
Dariye, who represents Plateau Central, defected to APC on the floor of the senate in Abuja on Thursday.
Dariye, a former Governor of Plateau, cited PDP’s crisis at the national level as his reason for defection.
“It is cheering news to us; he was never really been a committed member, and this has often caused a lot of confusion among our members.
“He has always been an enemy from within which is politically very dangerous,’’ the chairman said, adding that Dariye’s defection did not come to PDP as a surprise.
“During electioneering campaigns last year, he worked against the party in the governorship poll, even after winning the senate seat on its platform.
“When he went to the senate, he never associated with the party and those elected on its platform. His presence was just a setback.
“Traditionally, he is supposed to call a consultative forum and even empower his constituents, but he has not done that.
“Over time, he has always lived in grand deception, so his departure is a breath of fresh air for us,’’ he said.
More from my site
- Defectors will pay – PDP
- Ambassadorial list: Relationship between executive, legislature cordial, says APC
- Appeal Court Reinstates Ikpeazu as Governor of Abia State
- PDP ‘APC has nothing to offer Nigeria but hardship,’ party Chieftain says
- Avoid Violence, Former UN Secretary General Annan Urges Nigerians
- In Oyo APC picks Aug 8 to conduct primary
- David Mark APC denies congratulating ex-Senate President on election victory
- INEC suspended election seems to open in Octoberas long as politicians cooperate
- PDP accuses APC of unlawful arrests
- Tinubu Vs Oyegun: Like PDP, like APC
- David Mark Daniel Onjeh says Senator’s office has been shut for 4 months
- PDP and Futility of Compromise- by Femi Fani-Kayode
- Gov Fayose Emerges New Chairman Of Pdp’s Governors’ Forum
- PDP crisis: We won’t go to Rivers for convention again, says BoT
- We have evidence APC, police, INEC rigged Edo poll –Orbih, state…
- PDP asks court to disqualify Obaseki over university degree
- Gov Amosun has wrecked state’s economy says Ogun state
- Fayose says Nigerians are tired of APC
- Why can’t APC hire another expert to fix economy?
- Oyegun APC Chairman to attend 2016 US democratic national convention
- Ondo: Tinubu, APC leaders can endorse candidate, says Odigie-Oyegun
- Ondo poll: APC leaders divided over Tinubu’s role
- Akpabio: 20 APC Senators Ready To Join PDP
- PDP should be in intensive care unit, says Obasanjo
- 2019 election, battle to save Nigeria –PDP
- APC Top Leaders Meet Buhari, Fail To Agree On Juicy Offices
- Senate: PDP May Field Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Replacement
- Sheriff Plans to Appeal Over Judgment of Federal High Court
- Rivers: APC’s Abe wins, other results being awaited
- APC’s style not helping Nigeria –PDP
- Why I Dumped PDP – Sen Nnamani
- PDP Senators staged a walk out from the chamber after announcement
- PDP Crisis
- Tinubu: I went through a lot to ensure PDP’s defeated by APC
- PDP plots to postpone election again, sack Jega – APC
- Edo election: Heavy security in Edo-Central senatorial district
- Sheriff’s PDP at loggerheads with INEC over Ibrahim
- Appeal Court dashes Jegede’s hope, adjourns judgment indefinitely
- ‘Don’t accept money from politicians’
- Ambassadorial nominees: APC governors protest to Buhari
- Endorsement of Ize-Iyamu tears Benin palace chiefs apart
- PDP labelled me disloyal for refusing to share money – Osunbor
- President Buhari Moves to Make Peace with Bola Tinubu
- Oshiomhole talks too much, people have abandoned him – Igbinedion
- Ondo election: PDP thugs attacking our supporters, says AD
- Edo election: Postponement will not affect credibility – INEC
- WHY YINKA AYEFELE, SAMMIE OKPOSO DON’T SEE EYE-TO-EYE
- Why we announced ceasefire – Niger Delta Avengers
- UPDATE: Ikpeazu, Ogah win second appeal
- PDP praises judiciary for upholding Ikpeazu’s election
- Fayose unfit to be PDP governors’ forum chair – Kashamu
- Osun PDP expels national scribe, others over anti-Jegede suit
- Diverted Bail out Fund: Dogara Renew Hostilities With Bauchi Gov
- Buhari, Jonathan Have Different Reactions To Postponed Elections By INEC
- Ambode PDP accuses Lagos Gov. of appointing Tinubu’s relatives
- ‘Tinubu will only leave APC if…’
- APC PICKS P-SQUARE TO PERFORM FOR BUHARI
- PDP warns FG not to intimidate them with EFCC
- 44 Shiite members remanded in Jos prison–Police
- Abuja Airport closure: Why we chose Kaduna as alternative – FG
- Help save judiciary, PDP tells Buhari, CJN
- Sheriff Petitions CJN, demands for Port-Harcourt High Court Judge Sacked
- God asks me to recover my stolen mandate –Ize-Iyamu
- Ondo election: PDP Reps caucus expresses optimism
- Tinubu’s supporters protest in Lagos
- Fayose’s removal plot: APC, PDP trade words
- Why we keep handcuffing Olisa Metuh – Nigerian Prison Service
- Patience Jonathan has been reported to the ICC for Action
- Edo election tribunal begins hearing January 11
- Election: They must do anything to prevent the wrath of ondo – Femi Fani-Kayode