The Peoples Democratic Party Chairman in Plateau State, Mr. Damishi Sango, has said the party is happy with the defection of Senator Joshua Dariye to the All Progressives Congress.
The state Deputy Chairman of the party, Mr Amos Gombi, told the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Jos on behalf of Sango, that Plateau PDP was relieved.
Dariye, who represents Plateau Central, defected to APC on the floor of the senate in Abuja on Thursday.
Dariye, a former Governor of Plateau, cited PDP’s crisis at the national level as his reason for defection.
“It is cheering news to us; he was never really been a committed member, and this has often caused a lot of confusion among our members.
“He has always been an enemy from within which is politically very dangerous,’’ the chairman said, adding that Dariye’s defection did not come to PDP as a surprise.
“During electioneering campaigns last year, he worked against the party in the governorship poll, even after winning the senate seat on its platform.
“When he went to the senate, he never associated with the party and those elected on its platform. His presence was just a setback.
“Traditionally, he is supposed to call a consultative forum and even empower his constituents, but he has not done that.
“Over time, he has always lived in grand deception, so his departure is a breath of fresh air for us,’’ he said.
More from my site
- Ambassadorial list: Relationship between executive, legislature cordial, says APC
- Appeal Court Reinstates Ikpeazu as Governor of Abia State
- PDP ‘APC has nothing to offer Nigeria but hardship,’ party Chieftain says
- In Oyo APC picks Aug 8 to conduct primary
- Avoid Violence, Former UN Secretary General Annan Urges Nigerians
- David Mark APC denies congratulating ex-Senate President on election victory
- INEC suspended election seems to open in Octoberas long as politicians cooperate
- PDP accuses APC of unlawful arrests
- Tinubu Vs Oyegun: Like PDP, like APC
- David Mark Daniel Onjeh says Senator’s office has been shut for 4 months
- PDP and Futility of Compromise- by Femi Fani-Kayode
- PDP crisis: We won’t go to Rivers for convention again, says BoT
- We have evidence APC, police, INEC rigged Edo poll –Orbih, state…
- PDP asks court to disqualify Obaseki over university degree
- Gov Amosun has wrecked state’s economy says Ogun state
- Why can’t APC hire another expert to fix economy?
- Oyegun APC Chairman to attend 2016 US democratic national convention
- Ondo: Tinubu, APC leaders can endorse candidate, says Odigie-Oyegun
- PDP should be in intensive care unit, says Obasanjo
- 2019 election, battle to save Nigeria –PDP
- Sheriff Plans to Appeal Over Judgment of Federal High Court
- Senate: PDP May Field Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Replacement
- APC Top Leaders Meet Buhari, Fail To Agree On Juicy Offices
- APC’s style not helping Nigeria –PDP
- Why I Dumped PDP – Sen Nnamani
- PDP Crisis
- Appeal Court dashes Jegede’s hope, adjourns judgment indefinitely
- Sheriff’s PDP at loggerheads with INEC over Ibrahim
- Edo election: Heavy security in Edo-Central senatorial district
- Tinubu: I went through a lot to ensure PDP’s defeated by APC
- PDP plots to postpone election again, sack Jega – APC
- PDP labelled me disloyal for refusing to share money – Osunbor
- Oshiomhole talks too much, people have abandoned him – Igbinedion
- Ondo election: PDP thugs attacking our supporters, says AD
- Ambassadorial nominees: APC governors protest to Buhari
- Edo election: Postponement will not affect credibility – INEC
- Endorsement of Ize-Iyamu tears Benin palace chiefs apart
- President Buhari Moves to Make Peace with Bola Tinubu
- Why we announced ceasefire – Niger Delta Avengers
- WHY YINKA AYEFELE, SAMMIE OKPOSO DON’T SEE EYE-TO-EYE
- UPDATE: Ikpeazu, Ogah win second appeal
- PDP praises judiciary for upholding Ikpeazu’s election
- Diverted Bail out Fund: Dogara Renew Hostilities With Bauchi Gov
- Ambode PDP accuses Lagos Gov. of appointing Tinubu’s relatives
- Buhari, Jonathan Have Different Reactions To Postponed Elections By INEC
- PDP warns FG not to intimidate them with EFCC
- 44 Shiite members remanded in Jos prison–Police
- APC PICKS P-SQUARE TO PERFORM FOR BUHARI
- Ondo election: PDP Reps caucus expresses optimism
- God asks me to recover my stolen mandate –Ize-Iyamu
- Help save judiciary, PDP tells Buhari, CJN
- Sheriff Petitions CJN, demands for Port-Harcourt High Court Judge Sacked
- Tinubu’s supporters protest in Lagos
- Oyegun caused my defection to AD, says Oke
- Tinubu didn’t impose me as governorship aspirant — Abraham
- Patience Jonathan has been reported to the ICC for Action
- Why we keep handcuffing Olisa Metuh – Nigerian Prison Service
- Bayelsa: How the election will be won and lost
- Fayose Drops Bombshell: PDP Chairman Mu’azu met Tinubu
- Crisis in PDP Former Jonathan aide wants to be Chairman by force
- Ambode Supreme Court upholds Governor’s election
- PDP: Court confirms the sack of Amodu Sheriff
- Ondo: Jimoh Ibrahim petitions Buhari, INEC chair
- PDP Spent N2.5bn, APC N728m During Election Campaigns- Report
- Edo election: Police to deploy 23,000 personnel
- Ondo election: Police to deploy 24,000 men
- Presidency Plans to Send Jega on Terminal Leave Next Week
- CELEBRITIES CANNOT MAKE YOU WIN ELECTION…RUKKY SANDA
- ROCHAS OKOROCHA DECLARED WINNER OF IMO STATE GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION
- Buhari’s Close Men, Ex-Governors set to Fight Bola Tinubu