A Lagos landlord was beaten to a coma by one Sunday Ugah for preventing him from committing murder.
The 29-year-old Ugah was on Tuesday brought before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court.
Ugah, who is unemployed and resides at Iju-Ifako area of Lagos, is facing charges of breach of the peace, willful damage to property and assault.
The prosecutor, Sgt. Yomi Egunjobi told the court that the accused committed the offences on Sept.7 at Agege, a Lagos suburb.
He said the accused assaulted a landlord, Mr. Musiliu Lawal, by tearing his clothes and beating him until he became unconscious.
Egunjobi said the complainant was beaten because he intervened when the accused wanted to kill his sister.
He said, “The accused went to his elder sister’s shop to ask for N2,000 but his sister refused; he descended on her and dealt her several blows on the face and body.
“When he was not satisfied with the beating, he picked a broken bottle threatening to stab her to death if the money was not given to him.
“The sister took to her heels and ran into the complainant’s house for her dear life, but the accused pursued her.
“When the complainant saw the accused was running towards his building with a bottle, he locked the entrance door to prevent him from entering.
“When the accused got to the door and discovered that it was locked, he damaged the door and broke into the house but could not find his sister.
“He approached the complainant, tore his clothes to pieces and beat him up until the complainant was unconscious.”
The offences contravened Sections 166, 171 and 348 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
Section 171 and 348 provide a three-year imprisonment for offenders.
The accused pleaded innocence of the offences and was granted bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties in like sum.
The Magistrate, Mrs M.O. Oshibajo, adjourned the case to Nov. 29 for mention
More from my site
- My wife demands N500 before sex, man tells court
- Mother Stabs 7-Year Old Son For Defiling Sister, Neighbour’s Daughter
- Housekeeper who killed employer in Lagos, arrested in Taraba
- Driver stabs in-law for raping two-year-old daughter
- Abusive Bus Driver and Husband Beats Wife with Iron Rod
- Lagos policeman in illegal raid lynched over death of okada rider
- Lagos court issues warrant for Matharoo sisters’ arrest
- My pastor husband fond of beating me, wife tells court
- Sales boy gatecrashes birthday party, killed
- Policeman meets two Lagos Prostitutes at midnight and this horrible thing happened to him
- Man stabs NDDC staff worker and lover to death for not making him next-of-kin to her account and giving out a million naira
- 40-year-old man killed in fight over girl
- My Wife Beats Me Too Much – Husband Cries Out In Lagos
- 12-year-old boy convicted for raping sister
- 67-yr-old man wants court to dissolve his marriage over wife’s cheating
- Zamfara mob kills 8 over alleged blasphemy
- In Abuja: Lady Drags Man To Court Over Refusal To Pay After Sex
- Oshiomhole talks too much, people have abandoned him – Igbinedion
- Controversial Man Who Named Dog Buhari , Now Named Daughter Aisha
- Justice Ademola speaks, says gratification charges, bogus, trumped-up
- Budget padding: Jibrin insists on Dogara’s resignation
- A girl shares her experience on ATM card robbery at Fadeyi-“We will rape you if you don’t give us the correct ATM pin”
- Police arrest three suspected pipeline vandals in Akwa Ibom
- Ashawo Girls in Bloody Election Contest, One Stabbed in Lagos
- Witness never said media houses received money – Counsel to Chief Olisa Metuh
- Saki: Living in fear of Nigeria’s biggest earthquake
- Flood destroys 300 houses in Yobe
- Nollywood Actor Elder Maya Dies of Liver Failure
- How I C@ught My Wife Pa nts Down With Her ‘Brother’ – Husband Tells Court
- Tyga settles debt with landlord after arrest
- Lagos Assembly ratifies death penalty for kidnappers if …
- $2.1bn arms scam: EFCC arraigns Fani-Kayode today
- Two on trial for rape, fraud
- Suspect hacks firm’s email, transfers N37m illegally
- EFCC Rearrest and Detains Ex-Governor 0f Imo State, Achike Udenwa
- Super Eagles Escapes Death at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport
- Orubebe Ex-minister to face trial over alleged diversion of N53.3bn road funds
- Crisis in PDP Former Jonathan aide wants to be Chairman by force
- 15-Year Old Who Stabbed Mother’s Customer In The Face Arrested, Arraigned
- Fayose How Governor bought Lagos, Abuja houses, EFCC uncovers fresh facts
- “THERE IS NOTHING LIKE MARRIAGE ON THE CARDS FOR ME ANYTIME SOON” – ACTRESS BIMBO AKINTOLA
- Landlady bursts into tenant’s room, finds skeleton in Ogun
- Delta police smash child theft syndicate, rescue 12
- MEET DENRELE’S WACKY SISTER (PHOTOS)
- OMG! Boy locks up father, stabs him in the eye for not buying him Christmas clothes
- DON’T BE SWAYED BY MONEY- OMONI OBOLI ADVISES VOTERS
- Recession: Lagos parents withdraw kids from private schools
- Lagos policemen shoot teenager, attack brother with cutlass
- Judge earns N24m annually, spent N500m in 10 months –AGF
- BREAKING: Fayose storms Zenith Bank to demand his money
- $15m scandal: Patience Jonathan accuses EFCC of hiring mercenaries
- Actress Chika Ike Living the Life
- Man who named dog Buhari sent to prison
- Olu jacob, Joke silva in the “Heartbeat The Musical”
- HUSBAND – I CAUGHT HER ON 3 DIFFERENT OCCASIONS WITH DIFFERENT MEN
- EFCC, Ex-gov Sylva disagree on 48 houses
- Wife Accuses Husband Of Sleeping With The Daughter She Had For Anoher Man
- Suspected kidnapper sues police for demolishing family house
- Delta Assembly member, Udoh, dies in London
- Apologise to Justice Dimgba, Falana tells FG
- Supreme court verdict: I have no regrets – Faleke
- EFCC, Sylva disagree over ownership of 48 houses
- ‘I prepared fake charm to test my wife’s fidelity’
- Heartbreaking photos: 12yr old girl battered by her father in Lagos
- SHOCKING: How Two Married Men Ra ped A 13-Year-Old Girl In An Uncompleted Building
- Shocking!!! a Woman Skeleton Found in Pastor’s House
- I’m not an armed robber, I use machetes, says robbery suspect
- NIGERIAN-BORN WHO STABBED MUM TO DEATH JAILED FOR LIFE IN UK
- MERCY AIGBE REVEALS WHAT KILLED HER ELDER SISTER
- Olamide Braggingly Says He will Never Pay Money For Any International Collaboration