Robert Allen Zimmerman was born on May 24, 1941 in Duluth, Minnesota and groomed in Hibbing, Minnesota.
Dylan has left a big legacy as he has become the first singer to win the literature prize and the 259th American to win a Nobel prize across all disciplines.
The legendary singer has published six books that deal with drawings and paintings. He has also sold more than 100million records leaving him as one of the best-selling artists of all time.
Other awards he received are:
– 11 Grammy Awards
– One Golden Globe Award
– One Academy Award.
– Dylan has also been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
– Minnesota Music Hall of Fame
– Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame
– Songwriters Hall of Fame
– He was awarded a special citation for “his profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power” by the Pulitzer Prize jury in 2008
– Received a Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Barack Obama on May 2012