An explosion at a Muslim shrine in southwestern Pakistan killed at least 25 people and wounded dozens of others, local officials said.
Hashim Ghalzai, a local district commissioner, said that the toll was based on initial reports, and could rise further.
The blast occurred at the Shah Noorani shrine, located in Baluchistan province, about 100km north of the port city of Karachi.
It took place while hundreds of people were inside, said Ghalzai.
Dozens of wounded people were being moved to the nearby town of Hub and to Karachi, rescue official Hakeem Nasi told Geo TV.
The government dispatched 25 ambulances from Hub to the shrine, said Akbar Harifal, provincial home secretary for Baluchistan.
“Every day, around sunset, there is a dhamaal (ritual dance) here, and there are large numbers of people who come for this,” said Nawaz Ali, the shrine’s custodian.
Baluchistan has seen some of the worst militant attacks this year in Pakistan, one of which was claimed by an Islamist movement that is allied to the Islamic State group.
The province is also key to a 46 billion-dollar transport and trade corridor between Pakistan and China, which hinges on a deep-water port in the southwestern city of Gwadar.
More from my site
- Nigeria ranked 103rd Most Happiest Country in the World
- Girl, parents drown in latest selfie deaths
- Missing US student kidnapped to teach N’Korean president English
- PRAISES AS SAHEED OSUPA AND ALABI PASUMA BREAKS FAST TOGETHER
- Chief Imam of Ibadanland, Sheikh Baosari Suara Haruna, dies at 93
- Ajimobi felicitates with Muslims, Christians on Maulud, Xmas
- Muslims Take 12 Christians And Order Them To Convert To Islam. They All Refuse…….You Can’ Imagine What They did To Them!
- After Nice attack, French Muslims feel fear and alienation
- I WILL USE MY WARDROBE MILLIONS TO CARE FOR OSUN WORKERS AND WIDOWS…BEN-MURRAY BRUCE
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
- Cameroon bans use of Muslim veil after series of Boko Haram attacks
- We’ll make Boko Haram beg for peace, new Chief of Army staff
- SH0CKING: Man Arrested For Stealing 52 Women’s Underwear
- In Belgium Machete-wielding man yelling in Arabic wounds 2 Belgian officers
- ALLEGED THREAT TO LIFE: POLICE QUIZ OBASANJO’S IN-LAW
- BODY PARTS OF FEMALE POLYTECHNIC STUDENT FOUND ROASTED
- I Wish To Have A Daughter Later In Life And Not Now – Ruby Gyang
- Lola Alao Actress slams critics who have a problem with her religion
- Hajj Board to begin orientation for intending pilgrims in 2016
- Religious Killings ‘Both Christians and Muslims are capable of violence’, Pope Francis declares
- Boko Haram Militants dare terrorists to kill Christians
- Aregbesola Governor denies ordering Muslim students to wear Hijabs
- Boko Haram Appointment of new leader exposes divisions in Nigerian group
- Nigeria is gradually being Islamised — CAN Secretary, Asake
- Lola Alao “I was born into a Muslim home” actress clears air on conversion
- We want Fridays work-free for Muslims — MURIC Director, Akintola
- ‘I’m not a Muslim’- Yinka Ayefele Clears Air
- In India Teacher of sex workers’ daughters short listed for $1 million prize
- CAN calls emergency meeting over Zamfara, Kaduna killings
- DSS Arrests Mohammed Usman In Lokoja (pictured)
- Bigger war than Boko Haram looms, says Ndume
- Ali Nuhu involved in Messy Fight
- ExxonMobil discovers one billion oil barrels in Nigeria
- Man stabs wife 20 times while she was taking a shower
- Omotola Jolade along with Her Family Hanged out with an Hollywood Actor
- Man jailed for 6 weeks after shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ and ‘boom’ on Birmingham-bound flight
- Lassana Diarra demands €6m from FIFA
- Benin Crowned Prince Fights Chief Priest of Okhuaihe Shrine
- Photos: Man beats up woman he met online after she didn’t look like the girl in her profile picture
- Beijing arrests 5 for Uniqlo sex tape that went viral
- Comrade Castro will live forever, says China President Xi Jinping
- Rating Nigerian Students’ Performance At Home And Abroad
- China Sentences Teacher To Life For Rape Of Students + They Once Killed A Teacher For Same Offence
- China:Country is now the 3rd largest arms exporter
- Mum refuses to break into expensive BMW to save toddler son from heat
- China’s debt dependency alarming – IMF
- Work Hard And You Will Get Money , Oritse Femi Advices Nigerian Youths
- Dousing tension in the South China Sea
- For Being Pressurized To Pay Huge Dowry, Read What Man Did Few Days To Wedding
- Chinese Boss Forces His Female Staff to Kiss Him Every Morning Before Resuming Work
- Video – See How Randy Elephant Escapes From Wildlife Park and Tries to Have S*x with 15 Cars
- Jackie Chan’s Son Sentenced To 6 Months Imprisonment!
- Trump questions Hillary Clinton’s loyalty to her husband
- G20 Summit: China sends 2 million residents on vacation
- Photo: Pakistani man smuggled into Nigeria through Cross River State arrested
- I’M NOT A RELIGIOUS PERSON… BIODUN OKEOWO
- Miss Universe 2015 Had the Craziest Ending
- Checkout Pictures Of The World’s Most Watched Porn Star On The Internet [18+ Photos]
- RUN AWAY ACTRESS, LAIDE BAKARE TO RETURN TO NIGERIA NEXT WEEK
- Moji Olaiya Set To Have Another Guy
- WOMAN DELIVERS BABY TANGLED WITH BEADS IN LAGOS
- After Trump won the presidential election, know why he removed the video of him claiming he will ban muslims from US
- Actress Toyin Aimakhu Files for Divorce After Catching Hubby In The Act
- Orlando shooting
- Nigerian embassy in Saudi Arabia snubs president Buhari’s family?
- Egypt court overturns Morsi death sentence
- I CANT BELIEVE WHAT MY EYES ARE SEEING- SEE WHAT OUR MUSLIM YORUBA MOVIE STARS ARE DOING IN MECCA
- I Need A Man For Serious Relationship
- D’BANJ GIVES OUT COW AND KOKO GARRI FOR SALLAH