This article will give you many home remedies for vaginal odor removal. Eliminate the fishy vaginal odor and maintain good smell. Have you been facing foul-smelling discharge from your vagina? If the answer is yes, then it may because of an overgrowth of yeast or bacteria giving conception to your vaginal odor. Also, known as Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) and Vaginal Yeast Infections. Vaginal odor might be sometimes humiliating, however it ought not be. As per the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, female odor changes all through the normal monthly menstrual cycle of a lady. Just as your feet or breath has a smell, vagina excessively has a smell due to the vicinity of bacteria here. Nonetheless, this may get surprising and you may get metallic or smelly smell or even a fishy smell from vagina, which might be due to foods you eat or certain hormonal causes. This might be because of the overgrowth of bacteria and sexually transmitted diseases for which you ought to get the treatment. If you see some white or yellow discharge, burning and irritation, itching and vaginal odor, that may indicate the sign of vaginal infection. In the event that your vaginal odor, doesn’t indicate anything genuine, you may apply some home remedies for vaginal odor removal to dispose of this foul smell.
15 Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor Removal (Eliminate Vaginal Odor)
1.) Fenugreek Remedies for Vaginal Odor Removal
Fenugreek is a magnificent herb that cures numerous conditions, including the vaginal odor removal. They maintain the hormonal balance and regular menstrual cycle if consumed on a regular basis. They are especially beneficial for women’s health. A few herbalists even claim that the properties of fenugreek are just about like those of female sex hormone, estrogen. These are a portion of the ways you can utilize fenugreek to reduce your vaginal odor.
Ways to Use Fenugreek for Vaginal Odor Removal:
Drink Fenugreek Soaked Water
- Fenugreek seeds- 1-2 tsp
- Water- 1 glass
- Take fenugreek seeds and soak in water overnight.
- In the morning, strain the water and drink it on an empty stomach.
- Do this daily for about 2 weeks.
Make Fenugreek Tea
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 tbsp
- Water- 1 cup
- Crush the fenugreek seeds, with the help of grinder or mixer. You can use any possible way to crush them in case that you don’t have a grinder or mixer.
- Boil the water in a pan and then turn off the flame.
- Add crushed fenugreek seeds to the hot water and leave it.
- Let it stay for about 12 to 15 minutes. You may maximize leave fenugreek up to 3 hours.
- Drink this hot (or cold) fenugreek tea.
Wash Vagina with Fenugreek Water
- Fenugreek seeds- 2-3 tsp
- Water- 1 liter
- Add fenugreek seeds to the water.
- Boil this water on medium flame for 60 minutes.
- Let the water cool down.
- Wash your vagina with this water.
- Do this 3-4 times a day.
Take Precaution: Fenugreek may induce gastrointestinal discomforts like bloating, allergic responses, and queasiness. Additionally topical requisition may lead to irritation or skin rashes. It is better that you check your tolerance before applying this fenugreek remedies for vaginal odor removal. Avoid utilizing this if you are pregnant as it may induce untimely. If you are Hypoglycemic, stop consuming or using fenugreek as it reduces the blood sugar level.
2.) Yogurt- the Natural Remedy for Vaginal Odor Removal
With all its health benefits, yogurt can additionally help in vaginal odor removal. Yogurt is rich in lactobacillus, which is treated a healthy bacteria and not just keeps your stomach free of any infection yet also reduce the yeast infection of your vagina. Also, Lactobacillus helps in maintaining a normal vaginal pH level which, eliminates your vaginal odor. You can eat unsweetened plain yogurt everyday, maximum up to two cups a day for vaginal odor removal. You may likewise utilize yogurt as a part of different ways to eliminate of your vaginal odor.
Ways to utilize Yogurt for Vaginal Odor Removal
Consume Yogurt Daily
This is the best way to utilize yogurt for vaginal odor removal as well as for your general health. Just take note to have natural, unflavored, unsweetened yogurt. Sweetened yogurt can really increase your problems by increasing yeast infection. It’s better to have plain yogurt. In case that you are purchasing probiotic yogurt, check that it holds lactobacillus or not because this is the healthy bacteria in yogurt, which will help you to get rid of vaginal odor. Have not less than 2 cups of yogurt every day.
Applying Yogurt to Vagina
- Yogurt- ¼ to ½ cup
- Cotton pad
- Make the yogurt paste in a cup or dish.
- Dip the cotton pad in the yogurt and let it soak well.
- Now take the cotton pad out of the yogurt.
- Apply this yogurt pad into your vagina and rub this pad with a gentle hand.
- Let it be there for at some time, wash off with water and pat dry.
- Repeat this for three to four times a day.
Take Precaution: If you are allergic to dairy items, avoid having or utilizing yogurt for vaginal odor.
3.) Garlic Remedies for Vaginal Odor Removal
Garlic is a known natural anti-bacterial herb and also helps in vaginal odor removal. Consuming garlic can get rid of bad bacteria that causes the vaginal odor. Garlic has strong anti-fungal properties, which helps in eliminating the bacteria growth, and reduce the chances of yeast infection.
Ways to Use Garlic for Vaginal Odor Removal
- Eat 1-2 raw garlic cloves with one glass of warm water in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Insert one clove of peeled garlic into your vagina and leave for a couple of hours. Wash or take a bath in the wake of removing the garlic clove. Do this atleast once a week to get rid of vaginal odor.
- Include garlic in your dishes like greens and dips.
- Make a paste by crushing some garlic cloves. After that, apply this garlic paste to your vagina and leave for something like 10 minutes. Wash or had bath after this.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Vaginal Odor
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is one ingredient, which has been contemplated generally for its health benefits. Numerous studies have discovered apple cider vinegar helpful in treating vaginal infections as well. ACV has fine anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties that are in charge of its therapeutic nature. Likewise apple cider vinegar balances pH levels in an effective way and that is one motivation behind why you can utilize apple cider vinegar to eliminate vaginal odor.
Instructions to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Vaginal Odor Removal:
- Apple cider vinegar- 3 cups
- Warm water enough to take a shallow bath
- Fill your bath tub with warm water.
- Add apple cider vinegar to this water.
- Now sit in this water for about 20-30 minutes.
- If you are badly suffering from the vaginal odor, you may apply this remedy minimum 3 to 5 times in a week.
Other Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Vaginal Odor Removal
In case that you would prefer not to utilize ACV. Then, you may utilize it within some different ways mentioned here.
- Dilute some apple cider vinegar with water and rinse your vagina with this diluted solution.
- Soak a piece of cotton in a diluted solution of apple cider vinegar and insert this into your vagina to keep it there for 30-60 minutes.
- Mix 1 ounce of ACV with 8 ounces of water and drink this daily to balance pH level of your body. Drinking ACV will prevent the growth of bacteria in our body including the vagina.
5.) Tea Tree Oil for Vaginal Odor Removal
Tea tree oil is a known natural antiseptic and can be used to get rid of vaginal odor. Tea tree oils help to kill the germs and bacteria quickly. Always take precaution and never utilize the undiluted tea tree oil straightforwardly on the skin. As this may lead to burning sensation or irritation. Just a couple of drops of this antiseptic and antibacterial oil mixed with some water is sufficient to cure your vaginal odor.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Vaginal Odor Removal?
- Mix 4-5 drops of tea tree oil to water in a bathtub. Sit in the water tub for 25 to 30 minutes. After coming out, wash with plain water subsequently and pat dry. Don’t use the soap to wash your vagina in the wake of utilizing this remedy. Do this 2-3 times a day.
- Rinse your vagina with water mixed with 2-3 drops of tea tree oil. Repeat this for 2-4 times a day to get better results.
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to some water and soak a tampon. Now, Insert this soaked tampon into your vagina and leave for about 5 prior minutes taking it out. Do this a prior hour you take a bath. Repeat this daily for a week or something like that.
6.) Baking Soda Remedies for Vaginal Odor Removal
One of the causes of vaginal odor is imbalanced pH level of your body. Baking soda is used to instantly maintain your pH level. When you feel that your vagina is discharging foul smell, drink a glass of water mixed with some baking soda. You may really get a better result, when you use baking soda water to wash your vaginal area regularly to keep its pH levels balanced.
How to use Baking Soda for Vaginal Odor Removal?
- Take a glass of water and add 1-2 tsp of baking soda. Mix it well and drink daily.
- Add half a cup of baking soda in your bathtub and sit in this water for about 15 to 25 minutes. This will also treat yeast infection and immediately eliminates vaginal odor.
7.) Cranberry Juice to Remove Vaginal Odor Removal
Cranberries have been known for their effective properties of detoxifying our body. Also, unsweetened cranberry juice is acidic in nature, it helps keep bacteria low in your body. This is why drinking cranberry juice is an effective natural remedy for urinary tract infections (UTI). Just drink a glass of undiluted and unsweetened cranberry juice. This may help in flushing toxins from our body and in addition, keep vaginal odor under control!
8.) Alum Remedies for Vaginal Odor Removal
Alum is a sulfate of aluminum and apart from being utilized for food pickling and sanitizing water, it is additionally utilized for controlling body odor. In fact, it is a traditional natural face ointment to control draining from cuts that men can get from shaving. As it effortlessly breaks down in water, alum can mix with sweat to kill the development of bacteria that cause body odor. The extent for vaginal odor, the astringent and antiseptic properties of alum become an integral factor to limit the growth of bacteria that give rise to foul smell in your vagina. When a vaginal odor is due to whitish fluid, vaginal discharge (Leucorrhoea) then Alum is especially effective.
Ways to Use Alum for Vaginal Odor Removal:
- Mix ¼ to ½ tsp of alum powder in some water and utilize this for washing your vagina and surrounding area.
- Get an alum stick from any market. Soak it in water and rub it on your vagina’s mouth with a gentle hand. Don’t be excessively brutal. Do it 1-2 times a day.
- Mix about ¼ tsp of alum powder into a glass of water. Drink this water 2 times in a day. This will treat the leucorrhoea and also eliminates the excessive vaginal discharge, which creates vaginal odor.
9.) Guava Leaves Remedy for Vaginal Odor Removal
Guava leaves have antioxidants, antibacterial, and anti-provocative properties along with certain beneficial tannins. These leaves have been utilized traditionally for medicinal uses as a part of various diseases. While guavas help reduce menstrual issues in women, guava leaves when boiled with water give an excellent solution to cure vaginal discharge problems.
Instructions to Use Guava Leaves for Vaginal Odor Removal
- Guava leaves- 8-10
- Water- 1 liter
- Add guava leaves to the water.
- Boil this water till it reduces to half its quantity and let it cool down.
- Strain and utilize the water for washing your vaginal area. You can thoroughly rinse your vagina with this water.
- Do this two times in a day to get the best result.
10.) Indian Gooseberry for Vaginal Odor Removal
Amla is the well-known as Indian gooseberry and has numerous properties apart from being one of the richest source of Vitamin C. It is also an effective and natural blood purifier. You can get rid of vaginal odor and also eliminate different types of infections just by eating amla. It is an established natural remedy to treat Leucorrhoea or vaginal discharge which gives the fishy smell. You can drink amla powder after mixing it with plain water or can also eat raw amla. Here are a couple of ways to utilize gooseberry to treat leucorrhea which is one of the causes of vaginal odor.
Ways to Use Amla to Cure Leucorrhea and Eliminate Vaginal Odor:
- Take 1 tsp of amla powder and mix it with 1- ½ tsp of honey. Make a paste and consume it at least two times in a day for no less than one month.
- Take 4-5 tsp of amla juice and mix it well with ½ tsp of honey. Have this two times in a day and continue for a month.
11.) Make Herbal Capsule for Bacterial Vaginosis for Vaginal Odor Removal
Bacterial vaginosis, as mentioned prior, is caused by imbalance in bacteria. Normal lactobacilli is treated as a good bacteria, can diminish in the vagina and results in increases the vaginal pH level. Increased pH level results in an overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria in the vagina, which causes discomforts including itching and foul smell. Here is one herbal remedy which is utilized to make capsules with the assistance of an assortment of herbs to cure bacterial vaginosis and get you rid of vaginal odor.
- Echinacea root powder- 1 part
- Yellow Dock root powder- 1 part
- Slippery Elm bark powder- 1 part
- Comfrey root powder- 1 part
- Golden Seal root powder- 2 part
- Myrrh gum powder- 1 part
- “00” gelatin capsules
Parts of these herbal powders are to be taken by weight and not by volume.
- Mix all the herbal powders.
- Now fill the “00” sized gelatin capsules with this herbal mix. Normally, a “00” size capsule holds about 735 mg. You will require about 1 teaspoon of the mixture to fill 5 such capsules.
- Store you herbal capsules safely after preparing them. You have to consume 2 capsules three times a day so total 6 capsules in a day. Consume these capsules for 1-2 weeks.
12.) Boric Acid Remedy for Vaginal Odor Removal
Presently you know that the good bacteria lactobacillus stay in your vagina to keep its acidity in check. In any case, certain substances like menstrual blood or semen and so forth affect the acidity of thevagina and make it more soluble. The pH level of the vagina gets affected contrarily and the increased alkalinity helps the growth of bacteria. Boric acid, which is antiseptic and mildly acidic can help in restoring the right acidic level in your vagina.
Instructions to Use Boric Acid to Cure BV induced Vaginal Odor
- Get this:
- Boric acid
- Size “00” gelatin capsules
- Take the gelatin capsules and fill them with boric acid and store them safely.
- Insert 1 capsule filled with boric acid into your vagina at sleep time.
- Do this a few times a week.
The natural remedy for vaginal odor utilizing boric acid is to a greater extent a preventive measure which ensures you from getting bacterial vaginosis in the event that you are inclined to this. In any case, in the event that you feel that you are going to develop BV, increase the measurement of boric acid capsule by utilizing 1 capsule for 3 successive nights. After this, again begin utilizing the capsule on more than one occasion a week.
Cautioning: Ensure you never swallow the gelatin capsules with boric acid. Put an acceptable name on the jug in which you store boric acid capsules and keep it out of range of kids. On the off chance that you are pregnant, never utilize boric acid capsules as a part of your vagina as well.
13.) Neem-Margosa Leaves Remedy for Vaginal Odor Removal
The herb Neem, otherwise called Margosa, has excellent antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties. Neem bark extract and leaves are especially effective in securing you against various growths including Candida which leads to yeast infections that thusly give rise to vaginal odor. Ayurveda, the oldest Indian drug, recommends a neem remedy to treat bacterial vaginosis. Here is the way you can utilize margosa leaves to dispose of BV and vaginal odor.
- Neem leaves- a handful.
- Water- enough to make a paste.
- Heat a pan.
- Add neem leaves to the pan and dry roast for something like three minutes.
- Put off the flame and let the leaves cool down.
- Once cold, crush the roasted neem leaves to get a fine powder.
- Take 2 tsp of this neem leaves powder.
- Add a little water to this and make a paste.
- Apply this neem leaves paste to your vagina and the surrounding area.
- Do this twice a day.
14.) Turmeric-Milk Remedy for Vaginal Odor Removal
Turmeric is one of the best herbs for some ailments and also can be used for vaginal Odor Removal. It is a natural anti-bacterial herb that kills bacteria and protect your vagina from different risk viral infections. We can utilize turmeric and milk to make an herbal remedy for vaginal Odor Removal with bacterial vaginosis and also for additionally dryness in vagina proposes .
- Milk (warm) – 1 glass
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Add turmeric powder to warm milk.
- Mix well and drink this.
- Drink this turmeric mixed milk daily till your vaginal odor and infection is cured.
15.) Hygiene and Diet Remedies for Vaginal Odor Removal
Apart from the natural and herbal ingredients that prevent and cure fishy smell, there are numerous other factors also factor also to decide whether you will suffer from vaginal odor and other vagina related issues. One of the factors is your diet and food you intake. The hygiene that you keep up is also a factor. Here are a few cleanliness, hygiene and diet remedies for vaginal odor that will go a long way to make you feel diminished and revived.
1. Drink lots of water throughout the day. Water gets your body rid of bad toxins and harmful bacteria.
2. Avoid juice drinks like espresso and tea and additionally sugary drinks like colas and so forth. Excessive sugar in your body gives way to bacteria and thusly vaginal odor.
3. Avoid excessively zesty and starchy foods.
4. Have lots of citrus foods that are rich in vitamin C, for example, grapes, guava, sweet lime, oranges, grapefruits, lemons, pineapples and so on. Vitamin C supports your safe framework and prepares your body to battle against harmful bacteria.
5. Avoid unprotected sex which may cause infections and some other sexually transmitted diseases. This can be one of the main causes of vaginal odor.
6. Wear underwear made cotton and other breathable fabric. Wash them properly with soap and change them everyday.
7. During the monthly menstrual cycle, change sterile pads oftentimes. On the off chance that utilizing tampons, bear in mind to take them out.
8. Wash your vagina properly after intercourse and pee.
9. Always wear loose fitting apparel. Tight pants or pants don’t allow air to flow and result in sweating which gives rise to vaginal odor.