In reaction to a trending story in the social media, the Police in Abuja have said that they did not arrest persons with Improvised Explosive Devices at FCT-Nasarawa boundary.
The police said this in a statement issued by its spokesman, ASP Anjuguri Manzah, in Abuja on Friday.
Manzah said the rumour of such arrest was the handiwork of detractors who are hell bent on instilling fear and unnecessary panic in the minds of peace-loving residents.
Manzah said the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Muhammad Mustafa, reassured residents of adequate security and protection of lives and property in the territory.
He said Mustafa also urged social media users to always verify information before circulating such through their respective platforms.
The Police used the opportunity to inform residents that they would practice shooting at the range in Karshi on November 26 from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Manzah said the exercise was part of the training routine of the Nigeria Police.
He enjoined members of the public, especially those around the Nyanaya, Jikwoyi and Karshi axis, not to panic.
“Residents are also advised to avoid the area for the duration of the exercise, as live ammunition will be used,” he said. (NAN)
More from my site
- Leave Kaduna or face the law, police warn criminals
- Police warn Shiites against unlawful procession in Kaduna
- Postpone Edo gov election, DSS, Police tell INEC
- Army chief warns the military against laxity
- No Going Back On Protest, With or Without 2face – Activists
- No Place to Hide Suspected kidnappers arrested by army in Rivers State
- Who should control the police: The President or governors?
- We are conductors by day, robbers by night – Suspects
- Buhari lambasts Nigerians, says change isn’t about economic progress
- NIS insists on re-screening 2,000 protesting recruits
- See How Pregnant Wife Was Caught ‘P@nts Down’ With Another M@n in a Hotel Room
- Edo election: Police to deploy 23,000 personnel
- Did Bible truly say one should stay In an Abusive marriage? says Vitoria Inyama
- Shiites threaten to storm Abuja, urge El-Zakzaky’s release
- NYSC-We Never Deducted Their Salary to N14,800
- Police recruitment: PSC shortlists 110,469 applicants
- Tuface Backs Out Of The Nationwide Protest
- Gospel Singer, Samuel Nabbed Stealing an SUV At Winners Chapel
- Two arrested over illegal gun factory in Benue
- FG, BOI To Disburse N140bn To Petty Traders, Artisans Nationwide
- Move your cattle out of FCT, Minister orders herdsmen
- Fraudsters are impersonating me on social media, warns AGF
- Buhari’s health: President should address Nigerians says NLC
- RUMOUR – Mercy Aigbe-Gentry, who was alleged to have been arrested in Oshogbo
- Jigawa spends N245m monthly on students’ feeding
- NSCDC alerts public of fake recruitment
- No excuse to declare Edo election inconclusive, CSOs tell INEC
- EFCC Recruitment: Important Announcement
- Trending: We targeted politicians who stole money – Hajia, robbers’..
- CBN testifies against Dokpesi on N2.1bn ONSA’s cash
- Police Service Commission Shortlisted 110,469 Applicants For Aptitude Test
- Zamfara mob kills 8 over alleged blasphemy
- NSCDC Army trains 93 operatives on arms proficiency
- I did not seal off PDP convention venue – Rivers CP
- Nigeria and the menace of illicit drug trafficking and abuse
- FG moves to end pipeline bombings, arms proliferation
- My ambition not worth anybody’s blood – Obaseki
- female corp member dies while undergoing military drills at Kano camp
- Granfather of Corruption: Jibrin defends Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo comment about house of members
- DSS arrests fraudster for impersonating Accountant General
- Troops kill two bandits, recover 209 cows, 1,062 goats
- #ChangeBeginsWithMe has no political, religious, ethnic coloration – Minister
- Again, social intervention programs gets N500bn in 2017 budget
- FG to employ fresh 350,000 graduates in 2017
- Biafra: IPOB urges solidarity for Kanu trial
- NSCDC Agency partners France on training, equipment support
- Radio journalist kidnapped in Benue
- FG wants to wipe us out, Shittes lament
- NANS protests against detention of Nigerian students by Turkey
- FG plans 20-man panel to review electoral laws
- Police arrest four NNPC workers for vandalising pipelines
- Simi and Adekunle Gold Relationship
- Nadia Buhari Shows a Pix of Her Babies and Husband
- I am not presently at Kirikiri prison as alleged by some reporters- Seun Egbegbe
- Gunmen abduct three children in Benue
- Police arrest three suspected pipeline vandals in Akwa Ibom
- Police arrest dropouts for stealing N1.4m wires
- Shocking Revelation – Famous Tricycle Thief Confesses To His Killing Spree In Enugu(Photo)
- Police Recruitment: Aptitude test begins Aug 22
- Hajj Board to begin orientation for intending pilgrims in 2016
- Unemployment high because youths run from challenges–NDE
- Teenagers arrested for kidnapping expatriates, oil theft
- Fake miracle syndicate nabbed, says pastor hired them
- Kayode Fayemi FG summons 37 mine Officers over diversion of explosives
- NAFDAC Agency seizes fake drugs, cosmetics worth N3.5m in Enugu
- Frankeyz the ambassador for Shun Employment releases the ‘Magic In The Air’ singles
- Rise Networks and Ford Foundation showcases the 2016 Nigerian Student Leader Program
- Edo election: Postponement will not affect credibility – INEC
- Dangerous Game Death of ASP cause residents to flee from home
- Baru NNPC says corporation will collaborate with NLNG on hydrocarbon value chain