In reaction to a trending story in the social media, the Police in Abuja have said that they did not arrest persons with Improvised Explosive Devices at FCT-Nasarawa boundary.
The police said this in a statement issued by its spokesman, ASP Anjuguri Manzah, in Abuja on Friday.
Manzah said the rumour of such arrest was the handiwork of detractors who are hell bent on instilling fear and unnecessary panic in the minds of peace-loving residents.
Manzah said the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Muhammad Mustafa, reassured residents of adequate security and protection of lives and property in the territory.
He said Mustafa also urged social media users to always verify information before circulating such through their respective platforms.
The Police used the opportunity to inform residents that they would practice shooting at the range in Karshi on November 26 from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Manzah said the exercise was part of the training routine of the Nigeria Police.
He enjoined members of the public, especially those around the Nyanaya, Jikwoyi and Karshi axis, not to panic.
“Residents are also advised to avoid the area for the duration of the exercise, as live ammunition will be used,” he said. (NAN)
More from my site
- Leave Kaduna or face the law, police warn criminals
- Police warn Shiites against unlawful procession in Kaduna
- Postpone Edo gov election, DSS, Police tell INEC
- Army chief warns the military against laxity
- No Place to Hide Suspected kidnappers arrested by army in Rivers State
- Who should control the police: The President or governors?
- We are conductors by day, robbers by night – Suspects
- Buhari lambasts Nigerians, says change isn’t about economic progress
- See How Pregnant Wife Was Caught ‘P@nts Down’ With Another M@n in a Hotel Room
- NIS insists on re-screening 2,000 protesting recruits
- Edo election: Police to deploy 23,000 personnel
- Did Bible truly say one should stay In an Abusive marriage? says Vitoria Inyama
- NYSC-We Never Deducted Their Salary to N14,800
- Shiites threaten to storm Abuja, urge El-Zakzaky’s release
- Police recruitment: PSC shortlists 110,469 applicants
- Gospel Singer, Samuel Nabbed Stealing an SUV At Winners Chapel
- Two arrested over illegal gun factory in Benue
- FG, BOI To Disburse N140bn To Petty Traders, Artisans Nationwide
- Move your cattle out of FCT, Minister orders herdsmen
- Fraudsters are impersonating me on social media, warns AGF
- Buhari’s health: President should address Nigerians says NLC
- RUMOUR – Mercy Aigbe-Gentry, who was alleged to have been arrested in Oshogbo
- Jigawa spends N245m monthly on students’ feeding
- NSCDC alerts public of fake recruitment
- No excuse to declare Edo election inconclusive, CSOs tell INEC
- EFCC Recruitment: Important Announcement
- Trending: We targeted politicians who stole money – Hajia, robbers’..
- CBN testifies against Dokpesi on N2.1bn ONSA’s cash
- Police Service Commission Shortlisted 110,469 Applicants For Aptitude Test
- Zamfara mob kills 8 over alleged blasphemy
- NSCDC Army trains 93 operatives on arms proficiency
- I did not seal off PDP convention venue – Rivers CP
- Nigeria and the menace of illicit drug trafficking and abuse
- FG moves to end pipeline bombings, arms proliferation
- My ambition not worth anybody’s blood – Obaseki
- female corp member dies while undergoing military drills at Kano camp
- DSS arrests fraudster for impersonating Accountant General
- Granfather of Corruption: Jibrin defends Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo comment about house of members
- Troops kill two bandits, recover 209 cows, 1,062 goats
- Again, social intervention programs gets N500bn in 2017 budget
- #ChangeBeginsWithMe has no political, religious, ethnic coloration – Minister
- FG plans 20-man panel to review electoral laws
- I am not presently at Kirikiri prison as alleged by some reporters- Seun Egbegbe
- Simi and Adekunle Gold Relationship
- Nadia Buhari Shows a Pix of Her Babies and Husband
- NSCDC Agency partners France on training, equipment support
- NANS protests against detention of Nigerian students by Turkey
- Radio journalist kidnapped in Benue
- FG wants to wipe us out, Shittes lament
- Shocking Revelation – Famous Tricycle Thief Confesses To His Killing Spree In Enugu(Photo)
- Police arrest four NNPC workers for vandalising pipelines
- Police Recruitment: Aptitude test begins Aug 22
- Police arrest dropouts for stealing N1.4m wires
- Gunmen abduct three children in Benue
- Police arrest three suspected pipeline vandals in Akwa Ibom
- Hajj Board to begin orientation for intending pilgrims in 2016
- Unemployment high because youths run from challenges–NDE
- Kayode Fayemi FG summons 37 mine Officers over diversion of explosives
- Fake miracle syndicate nabbed, says pastor hired them
- Teenagers arrested for kidnapping expatriates, oil theft
- Rise Networks and Ford Foundation showcases the 2016 Nigerian Student Leader Program
- Frankeyz the ambassador for Shun Employment releases the ‘Magic In The Air’ singles
- NAFDAC Agency seizes fake drugs, cosmetics worth N3.5m in Enugu
- Edo election: Postponement will not affect credibility – INEC
- Ensure violence-free polls in Ondo, Rivers – Buhari tells security agencies
- Prepare and get ready for the Rebranding Party at District41 in benin
- Dangerous Game Death of ASP cause residents to flee from home
- Baru NNPC says corporation will collaborate with NLNG on hydrocarbon value chain
- 8-year old girl and 6 other victims escapes a tragic death accident with severe injuries due to FRSC official who reportedly threw a stone into the moving vehicle
- Rumoured Death: NLC Denies Calling On Buhari To Address the Nation